- This website, ioshwork2022.com, iosh.co.uk, its subdomains and microsites (Site) belong to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), The Grange, Highfield Drive, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 1NN.
All use and any website owned by IOSH is on these terms. If you don’t agree to abide by these terms, please don’t use our websites.
- We may update these terms at any time. You should visit this page regularly to review the then-current terms because they are binding on you. Some of these terms may be superseded by special legal notices or terms located on particular pages on iosh.co.uk or one of our microsites. Continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such revised website terms.
- Through the Site you may gain access to the commercial products and services of IOSH Services Limited which is wholly owned by IOSH. In addition to the website terms and conditions, there may be some more terms and conditions relating to your use/purchase of our products and services. Make sure you read these at the time of ordering.
- Some parts of our Site are for IOSH members only. However, the majority of the Site is accessible to every user.
- You must not use our website or microsites in any way that causes the website to be damaged or access to the website to be interrupted at all.
- The Site will normally be available all day, every day. IOSH will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of downtime on all, or part, of the Site however it is caused.
- While the information contained in the Site has been compiled from sources believed to be current and reliable, IOSH makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of such information and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any error or omission which may occur.
- The contents of the IOSH Site and our microsites don’t constitute advice, and reliance upon such content is entirely at the user’s own risk.
- IOSH will not be liable for any damages arising from the use of, or inability to use, the Site or any of its contents. Whilst precautions are taken (such as checking all documents are virus-free), IOSH does not guarantee that the Site is free of infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive. If use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, IOSH is not responsible for those costs.
- We will, upon notification, consider removing any material open to legal objection while it’s being investigated.
Cookies and our site
- Our site uses ‘cookies’ to help you log in and move around the site. Find out more about cookies and how to manage your cookie settings.
Intellectual property and branding
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, all information contained on the Site is owned or licensed by IOSH. The information and content contained on the Site, such as text, graphics, software, images and other such material (“Material”), are protected by (without limitation); copyright, database rights, registered trademarks, passing-off rights or rights protected under unfair competition laws, all of which may be protected under both English and foreign laws (“Intellectual Property Rights”). Unauthorised use of the Material by you may violate IOSH’s
Intellectual Property Rights
14.1 In connection with your use of the Site you will:
14.1.1 be permitted to view, copy, download, store, retransmit, display, distribute, show or play in public any part or content of the Site for the purposes of research, private study or for internal circulation within an organisation, provided that all of the following are adhered to:
220.127.116.11 You retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make,
18.104.22.168 IOSH is quoted as the source and,
22.214.171.124 the content of the Material is not adapted or modified in any way.
14.1.2 not use the Site nor the Material in any manner which constitutes an infringement of any third party rights (including Intellectual Property Rights).
14.2 The IOSH acronym and IOSH logo are registered trademarks and cannot be reproduced without the prior written permission of IOSH. All other trademarks or trade names in this site are the marks of the respective owner(s) and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
14.3 IOSH reserves the right to vary and change its branding either totally or in part without notice and irrespective of medium or format.
- The IOSH logo is available to:
- partners, eg collaborators in a project in which IOSH is formally involved
- organisers of events that IOSH is sponsoring or is officially associated with
- approved training organisations.
- You’ll need to ask us for permission before you can use the logo. Where we give permission, usage is restricted to direct, specific references to the particular project, event or training programme that IOSH is involved with. The logo will not be permitted to be used to imply a broad or generic IOSH association.
- The logo isn’t available for members to use on an individual basis. Full reproduction guidelines and logo configurations are available to authorised users. If you’d like permission to use the logo, please get in touch so that we can confirm this and instruct you on how to use the logo correctly.
- Where we publish a document or page content on behalf of, or written by, a third party, eg another association, all responsibility for accuracy and liability of that document or content belongs to the third party.
Social media channels
- For a copy of our social media channel terms, email Digital Marketing.
- This Site provides links to other websites that may or may not be under the control of the Institution. We don’t accept any responsibility or liability for third party privacy policies, content or practices of these websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Unless specifically stated otherwise, IOSH does not endorse any of the products or services advertised or available on any of the sites it links to. The law set out in non-UK websites may not be the same as the law in the UK legislation.
- We can’t accept any responsibility for information on websites that we don’t manage but which may refer to IOSH.
- We retain the right to add or remove links on our Site.
- We’re committed to providing a high quality, accessible and responsive service to our members and the public. However, if you believe that things have gone wrong, please send your complaints and comments to Digital Marketing.
- You agree that English law shall apply to these terms and to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if a dispute arises. We aim to ensure our Site complies with English law but not laws of any other country. If there is anything on the Site that you are not allowed under the laws to which you are subject to access or see, stop using the Site immediately.
Updates to our terms
- We reserve the right to update this statement at any time without prior notice to you.
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
t +44(0)116 257 3100
f +44(0)116 257 3101